Thursday 25 August 2011

service-learning 3A Wang Yingchi (33)


The service learning project has changed my attitude and thinking about contributing back to the community. In the past, I thought that giving back to the society is a term which represents monetary values.  However, through this service learning, I realized that giving back is not just in monetary terms. It can also be considered as working for the unfortunate or donating rice for the needy people like us. It helps me to understand the value of contributing to the community.

One of the best things that happened during the service- learning was the sense of accomplishment when we found out that we collected much, much more than the expected amount of rice. This can encourage me to contribute more for the community. As a foreign student, I do not think that Singaporean was so generous firstly. However, I realized that I was totally wrong. Singaporeans really consider charity as a part of their duties as citizens of Singapore.

I will definitely continue contributing back to the society when I grow up. Helping others does not depend on age and should be continued throughout my life thus I will still make efforts to contribute back even in my adult years. I may contribute more when I grow up as I may earn my own money instead of asking money from my parents.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment