Thursday 25 August 2011

3A Darryl Sim (4)

 
 
 
 
My class 3A collected rice packs in as our service learning to help the needy people. For every rice pack donated, each paper heart ( as seen in the photo) was given to the residents residing in the area.
I used to think that most Singaporeans were rather selfish and were not willing to lend a helping hand to those that were in need. This service learning has allowed me to be exposed to the many kind-hearted souls who actually went all out to help the needy.
 
For instance, there was this kind lady who purposely when down to the supermarket to buy 10 rice packs just for the sake of wanting to do charity work. I was shocked at her utmost generiosity and we thanked her for her support. I have learnt that charity work can be done anytime and anywhere so long as we have the willingness and we make the effort to do so.
 
yes i do see myself getting involved in the community during my college and adult years. From this service learning, I have been inspired by the many kind souls who donated rice packs to continue my efforts for charity.
 
In conclusion the giving back to society does not stop after the service leearning has endded, in fact it has just only begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment