Thursday 25 August 2011

3A Sean Ng (22)

I used to think that Singaporeans were selfish and indifferent towards the less fortunate. The ninety-odd bags of rice sitting in the class at the end of the Victoria Challenge proved me wrong.  I have seen the kindness and compassion Singaporeans have for the less fortunate, as well as learnt to humble myself and appreciate what I have, instead of always wanting more. 

 

The best thing that happened during the Victoria Challenge has got to be the when my friend and I got our first bag of rice from a household in the East.  The satisfaction and sense of achievement spurred us on to collect 7 bags of rice throughout the entire challenge.  I have also forged many friendships which I will cherish for the rest of my life.  I have learnt to press on despite the odds, and accept others with an open heart, as well as see the silver lining to any obstacle. 

 

I would be more than happy to be involved in community service projects when I grow up, as I will be able to help the less fortunate, and learn more about myself in the process.  This experience has given me the chance of a lifetime to help others, and has left me with memories and lessons which I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment