Wednesday 24 August 2011

3A Shum Wen Ping 24

The service learning experience may not be an easy one one, but it was definitely a unique and meaningful process, starting from scratch to planning and execution of the project. It has allowed me to understand that generosity knows no bounds and that our community is one that is more than willing to do their part and assist the needy. However, amongst these charitable people, there were also

One unforgettable experience would be the time when my group and I visited our very first resident. A man in his eighties reprimanded at us in Hokkien even before we introduced ourselves! We went on to brief him about our background in Chinese, but to our surprise, he immediately interrupted, claiming repeatedly he had no money and rejected our request. This little incident made me realise that the community has all sorts of people and it is a must to be able to handle such situations calmly. Moreover, I think it has also spurred me on to want to do better on our following visits.

 If given a similar chance in future, I would be obliged to participate as I think that there are still many people who require our help and even if my contribution may be small, I believe the sincerity of all those who contribute will touch the hearts of the needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment